Terms & Conditions
CONDITIONS OF SALE
1.1 In these Conditions of Sale the term “the Company” shall mean ETEK Limited Trading as “The Tea Shop” and the term “the customer” shall mean the person or corporation placing an order with the Company for the purchase of its products.
1.2 All orders accepted by the Company shall be deemed to incorporate these conditions. No variation of or addition to or substitution for these Conditions even if included or referred to in the documents of other communication which placed the order shall be binding on the Company unless specifically accepted by the Company in writing.
1.3 If purchases are completed but due to an error in stock levels on our part or other unforeseen circumstance, company shall take immediate action to contact the customer to find an alternative, issue store credit or refund in full.
Other than stock items, the company cannot guarantee to deliver the exact quantity of products which the Customer orders.
Information regarding weights, measurements and other data generally relating to the Company’s products contained in advertisements, catalogues, price lists, illustrations or other similar matter submitted to the Customer by the Company whilst given in good faith, must be regarded only as approximate and intended to present to the Customer a general guide, the accuracy of which the Customer must test for itself. The Customer shall be deemed to rely upon its own judgement as to the nature and quality of the Company’s products and their suitability for its purpose and not upon any representation made by the Company, its servants or agents either orally or in writing (including any advertisement).
So far as may be permitted by law:
(a) all representations or terms not expressly set out in these Conditions are hereby excluded:
(b) the Company shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Customer in respect of any representations or terms not expressly set out in these conditions;
(c) insofar as the Customer may have any claim for damages against the Company at law (it being the intention hereof that no such damages may be recovered) the same shall not include damages for indirect or consequential loss of any kind and shall in any event be limited to the cost of replacement of the product.
No cancellation of all or any part of any order received by the Company shall be effective unless such cancellation be accepted in writing by the Company as a result of acting upon the order of the Customer.
1. Goods will be accepted for return and credited provided the following conditions are met:
(a) Prior consent for return must be obtained from the Company and a goods returned docket number must be obtained and quoted in all correspondence.
(b) The Packing Slip or Invoice number is provided by the Company.
(c) The arrangement for return was made within seven (7) days of the goods being delivered, in writing specifying all details.
(d) The goods are returned unopened, unused, and in good resaleable condition.
(e) Goods must be returned in the original shipment packaging or other suitable shipping material. Any damage to returning goods in transit shall be the responsibility of the Customer.
2. If it is the Customer’s choice to return the product and the Company uplift it, a charge will be deducted from the credit to cover the cost of freight.
3. Where the Customer orders a product or variation of a product which is not a manufacturers standard stock item there can be no returns unless prior arrangements have been made with the Company.
4. We will pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc).
1. Unless otherwise agreed in writing the price for the products shall be the Company’s price ruling at the date of despatch.
2. All goods supplied are on a cash on delivery (C.O.D) basis unless an account for Credit has been established with the Company prior to delivery of any order.
3. In the event of the Customer failing to pay the full amount due under any invoice within the time allowed for payment as abovementioned:
(a) the Company shall be entitled at any time to withhold delivery of any other products to be delivered under the same or any other contract, order of agreement, between it and the Customer and the Company reserves the right upon giving notice to the Customer to cancel or rescind any such contract, order of agreement, under which further delivery of products remain to be made.
(b) The Company may at its discretion pass any outstanding account to an appropriate collection agency and the Customer shall be liable for all costs incurred in recovery of the debt.
4. Where applicable Goods and Services Tax – G.S.T. will be charged in addition to the quoted price.
1. The risk in the products shall pass to the Customer immediately upon despatch of the products by the Company (unless otherwise agreed) but ownership in them shall not pass to the Customer until the Customer has discharged all outstanding indebtedness to the Company whatsoever.
2. Until payment in full of such indebtedness has been made the Customer acknowledges and agrees that:
(a) the products supplied are held by the customer as bailee to be sold by its agent for and on behalf of the Company;
(b) the Customer shall if directed by the Company store the products supplied in such a way that it is clear that they are the property of the Company;
(c) if the products have been resold by the Customer prior to payment in full the outstanding indebtedness of the Customer and/or products have become part of other goods, then the proceeds of such resale shall be the property of the Company (but only to the extent necessary to discharge such outstanding indebtedness), and shall be kept by the Customer in a separate account to be held in trust for the Company.
(d) all costs incurred in any debt recovery shall be payable by the Customer.
The agreement shall be subject to and be governed by the laws of New Zealand.
These or any of these conditions of sale can only be varied by agreement in writing notified by the Company.
When an order is placed through our website we will require your name and delivery details but this will not be shared with any third party except for the purpose of delivery. Personal details for card payments are passed through encrypted connection to our authorising bank as detailed above, for which the highest standards of security are in place.
We will not collect and hold your personal details without your knowledge or permission
Information & Accuracy:
We try our best to maintain accurate product descriptions, images and prices. We believe the information provided to be accurate and current at the date of publication, however errors and omissions may occur from time to time. We cannot naturally make representation or guarantee that material on the Website will be entirely accurate or complete or accept any responsibility arising in any way for accidental errors in, or omissions from the material or that your access to the website will be uninterrupted. If errors and omissions are found we encourage corrections to be sent through.